Tyne and Wear HER(16798): West Boldon, West Pastures - Details
West Boldon, West Pastures
Agriculture and Subsistence
Land Use Site
A building at West Pastures is shown but not labelled on Greenwood's 1820 map and recorded on the 1840 Boldon Tithe Plan. The tithe award records that the land was owned by Rev. Edward Fielde, and occupied by Thomas Coates. Demolished between 1969-1974.
Northern Archaeological Associates, 2014, Site south of Newcastle Road (A184) and West of A19 - Archaeological Assessment; Boldon Tithe Plan, 1840 (DDR/EA/TTH/1/24)