Tyne and Wear HER(16800): Hylton, The Three Horse Shoes - Details
Hylton, The Three Horse Shoes
Recorded but not labelled on Greenwood 1820. Named on First Edition OS 1862 shown as a single range N-S along Hylton Lane. Current building is rendered with a pantile roof. It has been extended along Washington Road to form an L-shape, the later addition having a hipped roof.
Northern Archaeological Associates, 2014, Site south of Newcastle Road (A184) and West of A19 - Archaeological Assessment; Greenwood, 1820, Map of the County Palatinate of Durham TWM D.NCP/1/7-8