Tyne and Wear HER(16802): Southwick, St. Hilda's RC School - Details
Southwick, St. Hilda's RC School
St. Hilda's School opened on 1st June 1903. It is constructed of red brick and is a typical early 20th century school. The internal arrangement of some areas have been altered. Two extensions (also in red brick) have been constructed to the eastern and north-western gable ends. The majority of the windows that face the central corridor are still intact. There is a noted absence of coving, picture rails and dado rails and original features including the fireplace surrounds and wooden block flooring have been stripped out.
URS, 2014, The King's Road, Sunderland - Archaeological Assessment