Tyne and Wear HER(16892): Shiney Row, Chester Road, United Methodist Free Church - Details
Shiney Row, Chester Road, United Methodist Free Church
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
United Methodist Free Church (Trinity Methodist Church). Built 1805 as Wesleyan, rebuilt 1831. In 1956 the Trustees agreed to amalgamate with Station Road Methodist Church to form the Shiney Row Methodist Church. Parts of the building were demolished and rebuilt as Trinity Methodist Church, which opened on June 24th 1972; old photograph shows that present old roughcast building was probably church hall.
The Archaeological Practice Ltd., 2014, List of Non-Conformist Chapels in Sunderland; The Archaeological Practice Ltd., 2014, Penshaw: Not just a monument - Historic Village Atlas