Tyne and Wear HER(16894): Shiney Row, Wesleyan Chapel - Details
Shiney Row, Wesleyan Chapel
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Site of United Methodist Church built in 1805 as Wesleyan Chapel, rebuilt 1830/31, demolished 1956. A stone building. In 1956 the Trustees agreed to amalgamate with Station Road Methodist Church to form the Shiney Row Methodist Church and the chapel was demolished. Present Trinity Methodist Church opened June 24th 1972. Schoolroom (HER 16894) retained as part of the building.
The Archaeological Practice Ltd., 2014, Penshaw: Not just a monument - Historic Village Atlas; The Archaeological Practice Ltd., 2014, List of Non-Conformist Chapels in Sunderland; Second Edition Ordnance Survey, 1896