Tyne and Wear HER(16906): Low Moorsley, Front St, Wesleyan Chapel - Details
Low Moorsley, Front St, Wesleyan Chapel
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Western chapel (Wesleyan). 1858 (dated) – 1960s? Whellan refers to chapel erected in 1844 by North Hetton Coal Co. ‘the lower part is used as a school’, presumably a previous building?. Now industrial; premises; stone with ashlar detailing.
The Archaeological Practice Ltd., 2014, List of Non-Conformist Chapels in Sunderland; Whellan, 1862, History, Topography, and Directory of the County Palatine of Durham p773; Hetton Local & Natural History Society, 2015, The Hetton Village Atlas