Tyne and Wear HER(16933): Longbenton, The Drive, Sutherland Park - Details
Longbenton, The Drive, Sutherland Park
This is the ground of the Novocastrians Rugby Football Club (the 'Novos'). The inter war pavilion has an Italianate style. It was designed by Marshall & Tweedy and built between 1927 and 1928. The ground was laid out in 1898 by Newcastle Royal Grammar School. It is named after the school's benefactor Sir Arthur Munro Sutherland.
Lynn Pearson, 2010, Played in Tyne and Wear - Charting the heritage of people at play, p 101