Tyne and Wear HER(16957): Albany, Spout Lane, Albany Park (Washington Football Club) - Details
Albany, Spout Lane, Albany Park (Washington Football Club)
Originally called the Washington Mechanics, the Northern League club was formed in 1947 by miners at Washington F Pit. The club moved to Albany Park in 1980. There is a clubhouse on the south touchline and on the north, a spectators shelter erected in 1987 using various materials such as domestic panelled doors.
Lynn Pearson, 2010, Played in Tyne and Wear - Charting the heritage of people at play, p 108-109