Tyne and Wear HER(16984): Washington, Village Lane, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel - Details
Washington, Village Lane, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Village Lane, Wesleyan Chapel. On 1856 as part of ‘New Washington’ colliery row. Demolished by 1919 OS. Presumably replaced by HER 6796 to the south-east (shown on 2nd Ed OS).
The Archaeological Practice Ltd., 2014, List of Non-Conformist Chapels in Sunderland; Whellan, 1862, History, Topography, and Directory of the County Palatine of Durham p860