Tyne and Wear HER(16988): Houghton le Spring, Pottery Yard, Salvation Army Citadel - Details
Houghton le Spring, Pottery Yard, Salvation Army Citadel
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Nonconformist Meeting House
Salvation Army Hall
Salvation Army Citadel. ? -1918. Converted to a Sweet factory in 1918 by William ‘Tushy’ Wheatley, son of the confectioner and Crimean War veteran George Wheatley. Wheatley and sons vacated the building by 1948. Demolished by 1960s. Exact location unknown.
The Archaeological Practice Ltd., 2014, List of Non-Conformist Chapels in Sunderland