Tyne and Wear HER(1706): Penshaw Church, Egyptian tablet - Details
Penshaw Church, Egyptian tablet
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Penshaw Church is a 19th century church of fairly plain design. In the nave of the church, on the left hand wall towards the communion rail, there is a stone tablet of pink granite. This is a fragment of the Great Pyramid of Ghyzeh near Cairo.
<< HER 1706 >> Tyne and Wear County Council, 1985, Penshaw Monument and the River Wear leaflet