Tyne and Wear HER(17113): Hetton le Hole, infants school - Details
Hetton le Hole, infants school
Infants school (1873) supported by Hetton Coal Company closed in 1950s and reopened in 1961 as a library. Peter Ryder describes the building as roughly squared and coursed limestone with cut dressings, Welsh slate roofs with red tile ridge. T-plan buildings, the gables all have round-arched openings with brick heads apparently infilling larger Gothic arches, with blind quatrefoils above. The other windows have stop-chamfered lintels: modern porch to south end gable.
Hetton Local & Natural History Society, 2015, The Hetton Village Atlas; Ordnance Survey Second Edition, 1896