Tyne and Wear HER(17191): Cleadon, Parochial School - Details
Cleadon, Parochial School
The Cleadon Parochial School was founded in 1830 and was located on the south side of the pond where All Saints Hall currently stands. Pupils at the school ranged in age from 5-13 and were all educated together. The building was also sometimes used for church services before the construction of the church in 1865. When the new school was built in 1903 the old school became a dining room and library. It served as a mess hall during WWI before being demolished in 1938.
Northern Archaeological Associates, 2015, The Cleadon Village Atlas p161; Tithe plan 1839, DDR/EA/TTH/1/252