Tyne and Wear HER(17192): Cleadon, Georgian cottages - Details
Cleadon, Georgian cottages
Two blocks of single storey, terraced cottages, with pitched pantile roof, separated by a narrow lane, on the south side of Front St. Probably built as worker's cottages for either Bainbridge Farm or Cleadon House Estate. Part demolished in the 1960s but the western end of the range survives and forms part of the travel agents and saddlery shop. Upper dormer and lower bay windows added in the 1920s as well as mock Tudor framing.
Northern Archaeological Associates, 2015, The Cleadon Village Atlas; Tithe plan 1839, DDR/EA/TTH/1/252