Tyne and Wear HER(17193): Cleadon, Cleadon Grange - Details
Cleadon, Cleadon Grange
Agriculture and Subsistence
Land Use Site
Cleadon Grange, property associated with North Farm, both formed in the early 19th century and laying to the north of the main village. The farm is arranged around a central courtyard with the main farmhouse, the Grange, forming the southern side of the complex. In the late 19th century it was the home of George Pollard and his family. George laid the foundation stone for the new village school in 1902, and he and his wife erected three stain glass windows in the church to commemorate the safe return of their son (Major George Pollard) from WWI.
Northern Archaeological Associates, 2015, The Cleadon Village Atlas p177;