Tyne and Wear HER(17199): Cleadon, Sunniside Lane, former pond - Details
Cleadon, Sunniside Lane, former pond
Water Supply and Drainage
Second pond to the north of the village pond and the east of Burdon Farm. Shown on 1839 tithe and maybe medieval in origin. Feature was filled-in in the early 20th century and now only survives as a shallow depression in the grass close to the junction of North Road and Sunniside Lane.
Northern Archaeological Associates, 2015, The Cleadon Village Atlas; Tithe Plan 1839