Tyne and Wear HER(17200): Cleadon, Bainbridge Farm - Details
Cleadon, Bainbridge Farm
Agriculture and Subsistence
Land Use Site
The farm was shown on the 1839 tithe plan and, at the time, belonged to Richard Pemberton and was farmed by George Bainbridge. It was originally located on the east side of Nursery Lane (Dog-kennel Lane). One of four farms in the village in the 19th century- potentially medieval in origin.
Northern Archaeological Associates, 2015, The Cleadon Village Atlas; Tithe Plan 1839