Tyne and Wear HER(17202): Cleadon, Cleadon Nursery - Details
Cleadon, Cleadon Nursery
Agriculture and Subsistence
Land Use Site
Located to the west of Cleadon House and included in the Cleadon House 1893 sale notice. By the mid 20th century the nursery had expanded to cover the former Bainbridge Farm, and part of South Farm and what is now Meadowfield Drive. The first direct documentary reference to the nursery is in Wards trade directory 1899. The nursery remained in operation until 1970s.
Northern Archaeological Associates, 2015, The Cleadon Village Atlas p213;