Tyne and Wear HER(17228): Newbottle, Houghton Road, Queens Head Inn - Details
Newbottle, Houghton Road, Queens Head Inn
Queen's Head Inn built between 1839-1857. Houghton Road was then called Cellar Hill. Demolished between 1920-1939. A pub of the same name was open by 1939 on a site to the north-west of the original now also demolished.
Archaeological Research Services Ltd., 2009, Adey Care Home, Newbottle, Sunderland - Archaeological Assessment; Tithe Plan, 1839