Tyne and Wear HER(17245): Forth Banks, warehouse - Details
Forth Banks, warehouse
The southern two warehouses of the Pottery Lane/Forth Banks corner. Assessed in 2015 and described as in a delapidated condition. Both warehouses are believed to have once been utilised by the Henzell Northern Oil Company, having formerly been part of the Skinnerburn Iron Foundry (HER 4886). The eastern warehouse is of three storeys brick built facing Forth Banks and stone built to the rear facing Cookson's Lane. The westerm warehouse appears similar in construction but the whole roof structure has collapsed inwards.
Phoenix Consulting Archaeology Ltd, 2015, Forth Banks/Pottery Lane, Newcastle - Archaeological Assessment; TWAS Re-development of warehouse for Henzell & Co. 1905