Tyne and Wear HER(17257): Newcastle, St. Mary's Place - Details
Newcastle, St. Mary's Place
Road Transport Site
St. Mary's Place was originally built in 1829 and only extended from Northumberland Street to the end of the present John Dobson Street. The houses opposite St. Thomas' Church were designed by John Dobson, the in the Tudor Gothic style. The street is named after the Hospital of St Mary Magdelene, whose medieval buildings probably stood between St. Mary's Place and Vine Lane at Northumberland Street end.
Newcastle City Guides A-Z information pack, 1984