Tyne and Wear HER(17259): Newcastle University, Museum of Antiquities - Details
Newcastle University, Museum of Antiquities
Art and Education Venue
Completed c1949 by Edwards and Partners. Intended to be a museum but occupied until 1959 by the Department of Physical Chemistry. The building finally became the Museum of Antiquities in 1959. The museums collections are managed by the Society and the University. The collections cover all periods but include much Roman and Romano British material. In the 1970s the building housed the University's Department of Archaeology (above the museum). Closed and demolished c.2012.
City Guides Information A-Z