Tyne and Wear HER(17262): Westoe, Fairfield - Details
Fairfield first depicted on the Second Edition Ordnance Survey Plan, 1897. Demolished by 1964. A tree lined avenue leading from a lodge to Fairfield can also be seen on this plan. The trees survive, in part, running north-west across the playing fields.
The Archaeological Practice Ltd., 2008, South Tyneside College, Westoe Campus, South Shields - Archaeological Assessment