Tyne and Wear HER(17285): Hetton-le-Hole, Hetton Lyons, Primary School - Details
Hetton-le-Hole, Hetton Lyons, Primary School
Primary school built by Durham County Council and opened in 1912 by Councillor W J Aunger. It comprised three departments, boys, girls and a separate infant department. The building design represents the three sections. By 1929, the school was rearranged into senior mixed, junior mixed and infant mixed. In 1967, the senior department moved to their own location at Hetton and the junior and infant sections amalgamated to become a primary school. The building was recorded in 2008 by ARS ahead of demolition. Very little of the original building had been changed other than the fenestration and small extensions to the west and south elevations. It was a brick single storey buildings with slate tiled roof.
Archaeological Research Services Ltd. 2008, Hetton Lyons Primary School - Archaeological Building Recording; TWAS 630/531, 242 and 554