Tyne and Wear HER(1732): Bishopwearmouth, Green Terrace - Details
Bishopwearmouth, Green Terrace
An attractive red brick group of late Victorian buildings in a peculiar neo-classical style with terracotta doorcases. Some of the fine properties have been converted into a café bar. Their interiors have been gutted, insensitive signs erected and over-bearing rear extensions added, Within the terrace is a late 18th century stuccoed villa with fine bowed windows. This is now a wine bar as was restored in 1992.
<< HER 1732 >> Tyne and Wear Industrial Monuments Trust, 1978, Sunderland Town Centre Plan - Sites of Interest; Sunderland City Council, 2007, Bishopwearmouth Conservation Area Character Appraisal and Management Strategy; Sunderland City Council, 1998, Bishopwearmouth: a circular walk through the Conservation Area; Tyne and Wear Museums, 1996, Bishopwearmouth: An Archaeological Assessment; T. Corfe, 1973, A History of Sunderland; T. Corfe, 1983, The Buildings of Sunderland 1814-1914; G.E. Milburn and S.T Miller, 1988, Sunderland River, Town & People: A History from the 1780s to the Present Day; N. Pevsner and Elizabeth Williamson, 1983, The Buildings of England: County Durham (second edition)