Tyne and Wear HER(17334): Newcastle, Westgate Road, Prince of Wales Public House - Details
Newcastle, Westgate Road, Prince of Wales Public House
Prince of Wales opened in 1939 following the transfer of licence from the original Prince of Wales on Wellington Street. Refurbished in 1982 which completely transformed the ground floor. This was to try and make the pub more appealing for all and to get rid of the original small rooms which had traditionally been male orientated.
Bennison, B, 1998, Lost Weekends, A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Vol 3, The West