Tyne and Wear HER(17344): Newcastle, Westgate Road, Crown Public House (Tyne Buffet) - Details
Newcastle, Westgate Road, Crown Public House (Tyne Buffet)
The Crown. Rebuilt 1860 and in 1896 becme the Crown Buffet. Later the Stoll Theatre Buffet, the Tyne Theatre Buffet and the Pit Bar. The licence was used to briefly reopen the adjacent Brandy Vaults which later became Tilleys in 1991 incorporating the old Tyne Buffet.
Bennison, B, 1998, Lost Weekends, A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Vol 3, The West