Tyne and Wear HER(17351): New Silksworth, Warwick Terrace, The Colliery Inn - Details
New Silksworth, Warwick Terrace, The Colliery Inn
The Colliery Inn was the first public house encountered by the miners of Silksworth Colliery on their way home via the Pit's 'Black Road'. Built in the 1870's the pub was renamed The Drift Inn after the Pit closed in 1971; it then became The Sportsman's Arms. Its now Drift CafĂ© and Bistro.