Tyne and Wear HER(17390): Elswick, Scotswood Road, The Gladstone Public House - Details
Elswick, Scotswood Road, The Gladstone Public House
The Gladstone PH on the corner of Clumber St and Scotswood Road (side unknown). Acquired by W B Reid in the 1880s and altered and improved in 1932. It closed on the last day of May in 1964 - manageress Elizabeth Wood.
Bennison, B, 1998, Lost Weekends, A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Vol 3, The West