Tyne and Wear HER(17391): Elswick, Scotswood Road, The Park Road Hotel Public House - Details
Elswick, Scotswood Road, The Park Road Hotel Public House
The Park Road Hotel - renamed The Clasper Arms in memory of local sporting figure Harry Clasper. Clasper was a famous rower who had lived on the site of the pub when it was Armstrong Street and later moved into the pub. Purchased by McEwans in 1939 and closed in 1961.
Bennison, B, 1998, Lost Weekends, A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Vol 3, The West