Tyne and Wear HER(17472): Westerhope, Stamfordham Road, Rokeby Public House - Details
Westerhope, Stamfordham Road, Rokeby Public House
The Rokeby opened in 1952 with a licence previously attached to the King Edward in Bath Lane. It occupied a former Ministry of Defence building which had housed an army radar post. In 1995 Cameron's demolished the Rokeby and rebuilt it as the Lord Rokeby.
Bennison, B, 1998, Lost Weekends, A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Vol 3, The West