Tyne and Wear HER(17486): Wallsend, High Street West, The Ship Inn Public House - Details
Wallsend, High Street West, The Ship Inn Public House
Formerly the Robin Hood PH. Named after an earlier Ship Inn shown a little to the south on Ordnance Survey first edition (NZ 3003 6579). Records exist of a Robin Hood as far back as 1828. Occupied 1886 by John Butchart. The inn has had many names including Chadwickâs. The current building has 1913 written on the drainpipe.
North Tyneside Council, Draft Local List Nominations, 2006; Boundey, S. 2010, Wallsend Pubs and Clubs, p7