Tyne and Wear HER(17489): Wallsend, Gainer's Terrace, Dock Hotel (Crane House) PH - Details
Wallsend, Gainer's Terrace, Dock Hotel (Crane House) PH
Built c.1841 known as the Crane House. In the mid 19th century the back garden of the building was on the river edge but land reclamation has changed the landscape over the past century. It became the Dock Hotel 17th September 1872. The stables to the side of the house were used by Colonel Pinkley of Benton House to house his horse. He was the manager of the docks at Swan Hunter. The pub was destroyed by fire in 1985/86.
Boundey, S. 2010, Wallsend Pubs and Clubs, p13