Tyne and Wear HER(17504): Willington, Churchill Street, Rosehill Tavern - Details
Willington, Churchill Street, Rosehill Tavern
Stands on the site of Willington House (HER 11289). The pub was built c.1939. The plot of land known as the 'Plantation' was intended for use as a public house before the First World War but hostilities stopped plans. It was intended to call the pub the Rosehill Hotel however on the 11th Dec 1956 the name changed to the Rosehill Tavern.
Boundey, S. 2010, Wallsend Pubs and Clubs, p29;