Tyne and Wear HER(17508): Willington Quay, Potter Street, Turks Head Public House - Details
Willington Quay, Potter Street, Turks Head Public House
Built c.1841 at 55 Potter Street. Nicknamed Jimmy Heads after James Heads whowas licensee from 10th September 1894 until 9th August 1921 when Alfred Thorpe became licensee. The Royal Antediluvian Order of the Buffalows (RAOB) King George V Lodge No.2115 held meetings here from 1941. Closure date unknown but c.1972. Destroyed by fire August 1974.
Boundey, S. 2010, Wallsend Pubs and Clubs, p32