Tyne and Wear HER(17517): Willington Quay, Stephenson Street, Lord Byron Inn - Details
Willington Quay, Stephenson Street, Lord Byron Inn
Adjoined the Boilermakers Arms (closed 1908). The Lord Byron Inn was in existence by 1848. The renewal of the licence was referred to the Compensation Authority on 28th February 1934 on the grounds of redundancy. The licence renewal was refused in May 1934 and so, upon licence expiry on 29th December 1934 the Lord Byron closed. Date of demolition unknown.
Boundey, S. 2010, Wallsend Pubs and Clubs, p34