Tyne and Wear HER(17523): Willington Quay, Palmer Terrace, Oddfellows Arms Public House - Details
Willington Quay, Palmer Terrace, Oddfellows Arms Public House
Oddfellows Arms opened 1871. The pub was known to many as the Crow's Nest as it was owned for many years by the Crow family. The first owner of the pub was William Crow, with the first licensee being Margaret Eleanor Crow as recorded in September 1872. The Crow family owned the pub until c.1931. The Oddfellows Arms survived an attempted closure on 3rd February 1937. In February 1958 the licence was only provisionally renewed by the Compensation Authority. In March 1959 the recommendation for closure on the grounds of redundancy was made and the pub closed on 16th September 1959.
Boundey, S. 2010, Wallsend Pubs and Clubs, p36