Tyne and Wear HER(17528): Willington Quay, Main Street, Royal Oak Public House - Details
Willington Quay, Main Street, Royal Oak Public House
The Royal Oak was located at 23 Main Street. It was built c.1858. On 8th Feb the pub was reported to the Compensation Authority on grounds of redundancy. Licence was refused May 1928 and the pub closed on Dec 30th. Even though the pub was closed for trading several people are listed as living at the premises - 15th October 1932 Simon Joseph Campbell and Kathleen Campbell, 15th Oct 1933 Susannah Campbell, Charles Frederick Newlands and William John Newlands, 15th October 1934 there was no mentioned of the public houses so it is presumed it had been demolished.
Boundey, S. 2010, Wallsend Pubs and Clubs, p39