Tyne and Wear HER(17584): Jesmond, Eslington Road, No. 3 - Details
Jesmond, Eslington Road, No. 3
Substantial later Victorian terrace house, built in 1877 as part of the Brandling Village development. Constructed of brick in English Garden Wall Bond 1 & 3 with tooled dressings of sandstone ashlar. Three storeys. It is an asymmetrical plan at the junction of two terraces. Known as 'Eslington Tower' due to the polygonal bay set at the angle with a slated spire above eaves level. Double width front door surrounded by Doric pilasters with fluted detail ablove and dentilled cornice. The house has latterly been in use as a school (part of Central High School). Inside original cornices, skirtings, ceiling roses and the staircase survive. Being converted into five flats in 2017.
BW Architecture, 2017, Heritage Statement