Tyne and Wear HER(17664): South Shields, Shadwell Street, Presbyterian Chapel - Details
South Shields, Shadwell Street, Presbyterian Chapel
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Built in 1814 close to the river bank. Shown on Woodâ€™s 1827 town plan. The congregation later moved to the former Presbyterian Church at the north end of Mile End Road/Wellington Street (HER 17649) and the site was occupied by Barkers Dock and the Salmon Arms Inn.
Peter Ryder, 2017, Nonconformist Chapels in South Tyneside; http://www.southtynesidehistory.co.uk/archive/architecture/places-of-worship/625652