Tyne and Wear HER(17807): Southwick, Church Bank, Church of Holy Trinity churchyard - Details
Southwick, Church Bank, Church of Holy Trinity churchyard
Religious Ritual and Funerary
This is the churchyard of the parish Church of Holy Trinity, and is shown on the Ordnance Survey 1:2500 map of 1870-95 as a small enclosure around the church. On the OS 1:2500 map of 1896-97, the graveyard has been extended to the west, and a rectory built to the north (HER 17349). The graveyard now has a road built in the 1960s, Northern Way, running N-S through it. The eastern part remains associated with the church, whilst the western part has been used for recreation but is now scrub.