Tyne and Wear HER(17811): Gray Road, Nicholson House Boundary Wall - Details
Gray Road, Nicholson House Boundary Wall
A magnesian limestone wall bonded with white lime mortar with an inner brick lining and concrete foundation. The boundary was wall located to the south of Nicholson House along the edge of Gray Road. Nicholson House is shown on the 1855 Ordnance Survey map with a large garden. The southern and eastern boundary walls correspond with the wall facing onto Gray Road and Mowbray Close. The boundary wall may have been heightened in the late 19th century and a section of the southern wall was rebuilt in the mid-to late 20th century.
Wessex Archaeology 2019, Sunderland Church High School, Mowbray Road: Archaeological Watching Brief.