Tyne and Wear HER(1802): Walbottle, Dene Head Farm - Details
Walbottle, Dene Head Farm
Agriculture and Subsistence
"Denehead" is shown on Fryer's map of 1820. By Greenwell's map of 1828, the farm is called "Bank Top". The farm is shown on the tithe map of 1848 with a complex of small fields. The land is listed as "Inclosure (sic) part of Dene House Farm. Landowner: His grace the Duke of Northumberland. Occupier: James Hantley". The farm is also shown on Ordnance Survey first and second edition maps.
<< HER 1802 >> 1st edition Ordnance Survey map, 1854 Drawing School of Architecture, 1976;