Tyne and Wear HER(1876): Wallsend, Point Pleasant House - Details
Wallsend, Point Pleasant House
Situated south of what was the main road to Tynemouth near the present Point Pleasant Terrace, in an estate stretching from the riverside to Wallsend village green, it was owned by James Muncaster the elder of Wallsend Hall. From his son it was bought by William Clark, who sold it to William Losh. In 1822 Alice, the latter's eldest daughter, was married to James Anderson, the third son of John Anderson of Jesmond Manor House (HER ref. 1871) and they occupied Point Pleasant until 1837. Later owners included the Wallsend Slipway Company (post 1879), and Robert Wallis lived there c.1910-21.
<< HER 1876 >> T. Faulkner & P. Lowery, 1996, Lost Houses of Newcastle and Northumberland, p 27