Tyne and Wear HER(1879): Fenham, Wingrove House - Details
Fenham, Wingrove House
Wingrove House was built c.1847 and (along with Wingrove Cottage and, further to the north-west, Fenham White House) demolished in about 1903, when its owner since 1866, the shipbuilder John Wigham Richardson (1837-1908), retired to Stocksfield. It stood on the north side of Westgate Road, just to the west of the junction with the present Wingrove Road.
<< HER 1879 >> T. Faulkner & P. Lowery, 1996, Lost Houses of Newcastle and Northumberland, p 30; Elswick Tithe Plan, 1852, NRO DT 165M;