Tyne and Wear HER(1973): Tynemouth, Prior's Stone - Details
Tynemouth, Prior's Stone
Foundation stone of the proposed Tynemouth or Low Lights Dock laid on 23rd June 1864. The stone was dislodged by S.S. Stagshaw on 29th November 1878 and the sealed bottles and brass plaque removed - their whereabouts are unknown. Marked as "Prior's Stone" on current Ordnance Survey map.
<< HER 1973 >> D. Heslop, 2002, Tynemouth Small Towns Report Pers. Comm. Chris Lambert, 1999, Tynemouth Volunteer Life Brigade