Tyne and Wear HER(2204): Carville, Carville Station - Details
Carville, Carville Station
Railway Transport Site
Carville Station part of the North Eastern Railway's Newcastle and Tynemouth riverside branch (SMR 2146). The station is on the site of a former reservoir, (SMR 2087). Opened Aug 1st 1891. Goods facilities closed 11th July 1966, closed to passengers 23rd July 1973. The track remained until at least 1987. Now demolished. A petrol station occupies site. The main building was single storey and made of brick at the west end of the down platform.
<< HER 2204 >> 2nd edition Ordnance Survey map, 1899, 6 inch scale, Northumberland, 98, NW; Tyne and Wear Museums, 2010, Land east of Wallsend Roman Fort (TWEDCo) - Archaeological Assessment; http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/c/carville/index.shtml