Tyne and Wear HER(2395): West Harton, Wagonway - Details
West Harton, Wagonway
A Wagonway linking Harton and Whitburn Colliery (HER ref. 2394) to the North Eastern Railway, South Shields Branch (HER ref. 2332). It used the northern part of the Brandling Junction Railway, Biddick Branch, which opened in 1839 and closed in 1840. The northern section of this wagonway is not shown on the 2nd edition Ordnance Survey plan as the whole Biddick Branch was reopened in 1867 and its northern end remodelled (HER ref. 2550).
<< HER 2395 >> 1st edition Ordnance Survey Map, c.1855, 6 inch scale, Durham, 4