Tyne and Wear HER(2659): North Eastern Railway, Penshaw Branch - Details
North Eastern Railway, Penshaw Branch
Railway Transport Site
North Eastern Railway, Penshaw Branch had a station at Hylton (HER ref. 2660). The line was opened, from Penshaw to Hendon Junction in 1852, by the York, Newcastle and Berwick Railway, which became part of the North Eastern Railway in 1854.
<< HER 2659 >> 1st edition Ordnance Survey Map, c.1855, 6 inch scale, Durham, 7 N.T. Sinclair, in Milburn & Miller,(eds) 1988, Sunderland, River, Town & People, Sunderland's Railways,p.26,27