Tyne and Wear HER(2772): Southwick, Crown Glass Works - Details
Southwick, Crown Glass Works
Wearmouth Crown Glass Works or Southwick Crown Glassworks was opened in 1805, and from c.1823 was run by Atwoods. Until c.1860 it produced Crown glass, thereafter, blown sheet. The Wear Crown Glass Company took over c.1869 and eventually the site was absorbed into Pickersgill's Shipyard.
<< HER 2772 >> 1st edition Ordnance Survey Map, c.1855, 6 inch scale, Durham, 8 N.T. Sinclair in Milburn & Miller, (eds) 1988, Sunderland, River, Town & People, Industry to 1914, p.32